Nausea is an experimental action game structured around alternative health and firearm mechanics. It aims to immerse the player into an absurd vignette of drug trade and perpetual self-surgery.
- An intricate inventory system. Every item can be wielded and used by either hand and has its own size.
- Advanced firearm handling. The player can manually unload, load and rack each weapon, toggle safety, load individual bullets into magazines and much more
- A robust health system. Instead of a simple health meter each character's condition depends on the state of each one of their limbs, the pain they're going trough, the amount of blood they have left and the chemicals that flow besides it
- Surgery has its own menu. Whilst in it the player can mouseover each individual body part for a display of its current condition. That includes pain, bleeding, infection and any bullet shrapnel or debris that had been lodged into it. Once wounded, the player by necessity has to manually remove any impaled objects, suture, bandage, disinfect the wound et cetera
- A huge variety of drugs, each having its own effect on the protagonist, from simple pain numbing to forcing adrenaline rushes
- All actions connected with a dynamic animation system
- Fully dynamic lightning
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4
(TAB to toggle help display in-game)
Treat wounds by going into the Health menu (Q) and pressing the USE button on the wounded body part with the necessary tool in hand.
Forceps remove shrapnel (untreated causes pain on movement).
Sutures close up severe bleeding.
Bandages stop medium-mild bleeding.
Thrombin heals medium-mild bleeding (shrapnel has to be removed first).
Empty hand to remove bandages.
Pain is represented by film grain and color aberration.
Blood Loss is represented by color desaturation and vignette.
To use a drug equip it and use the hand it is in.
Paracetamol, Codeine, Tramadol, Hydrocodone are painkillers.
Morphine supresses pain for a while.
Epinephrine causes an adrenaline rush.
Epoetin stimulates blood production.
Keep in mind that this is an early preview and the game is still under heavy development
-added a new help display, TAB to toggle
-fixed and polished things etc
-You can now push open doors by running into them
-Added the .357 Revolver. Unload to open cylinder, unload again to unload, alt use to spin, use to close it back. Try playing Russian roulette with it
-rewrote some of the bloated old code
-Added the 9mm pistol
-Minor changes and fixes, mostly related to firearms
-Fixed vertical aiming
-Fixed doors not being detected by pathfinding
-Other minor changes, mostly regarding the AI and blood